þriðjudagur, 6. maí 2014

Video - Nanaimo Bars

So hello there, here is the video from me. When we decided to do videos were we would be making food from New Zealand, Canada and Australia I really wanted to do the Canadian one. The girls were fine with that and than I started digging for good, but also easy Canadian recipes. I had Canadian food and drinks in a seminar in English class so I knew a few things about the “most Canadian ones”. First I wanted to make a typical Canadian solomon dish but than I thought I should probably do something more easier an cheaper and than I came up with the Nanaimo Bars.

The Nanaimo Bars are three layered chocolate - nuts bars. They taste a bit like chocolate cake but though it is very different. The Canadians really like these bars and they have many different recipes that include different things. The bars are most popular in British Columbia and also in the United States. I found a recipe and used it beside me but than I did some things my way. The outcome was delicious. Here is my recipe:

First layer:
1 cup crunched Graham biscuits
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/3 finely chopped pecan nuts (doesn't matter what type of nuts you use, use your favorite!)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup almost melted butter
1 egg

Second layer – the filling:
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons caramel custard powder (use the flavor you want!)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla drops
2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Third layer – the topping:
120 grams semi dark chocholate (Mine included 45% cocoa)
1-2 tablespoons butter




For instructions you have to watch the video and if you have questions you can just comment here beneath. I got the original recipe from the site: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/nanaimo_bars.php

Hlín

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli